"Delight yourself in the Lord; And He will give you the desires of your heart" Psalm 37:4





Friday, February 26, 2010

Adoption

For the past 3 weeks R and I have been attending a group called Adoption Discovery. You can check it out at adoptiondiscovery.org. It is a non-profit Christian organization that equips you throughout the entire adoption process. We meet with five other couples. We will remain a community group for a life time; I hope. The group is free and has been a total God-send since we just started this process.

Why are we adopting? Our journey for a family started three years ago. R and I had been married for 9 years and WE decided it was finally time to start having kids. Boy were we wrong;it took trying for a year without assistance and one month on clomid before I finally got pregnant. We were so excited but I was overly cautious I only told family and didn't want to go public for awhile. At week 10 I had a miscarriage. It was discovered to be a tubal pregnancy. I questioned why God could let this happen. Why let us be so excited to only be left so devastated with the miscarriage. At first I wished I had never experienced pregnancy. However through time and lots of prayer I am so THANKFUL this is part of my journey. Exactly a year later I was able to minister to a friend that went through a miscarriage. It's hard to talk to other people who haven't been through something this personal. Fast Forward 2 years and we are starting the adoption process. I never considered adoption until two months ago. I have for the first time felt God change the desires of my heart and make them His desires for me. I started a bible study in January by Priscilla Shirer called "Discerning the Voice of God"; what an impact this has had on me. I realized through this study I hadn't been seeking God I had been seeking my own plan and desires. I am a testimony to seeking God; HE will show Up;SO get ready. Also being obedient is worth the cost. If I hadn't gone through our infertility these last 3 years I would have never considered that child that God will grow in our hearts. I would have never realized God's timing and planning is so much better than any plan I had 3 years ago. I would still be wondering why isn't God blessing me with children? I have peace everyday knowing HE wants better for me than I could ever imagine. He is teaching me to be flexible; I'm a bit of a planner and control-freak. It's been so amazing to let go and let God.

Have a great weekend:)

Les

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh! I can’t even believe I found your blog! As I started reading it, I started laughing because we are in the exact same place! We are going through Adoption Discovery with our community group at church and are also in the adoption process! How cool it is that the Lord brought me to your blog! I’m praying for ya’ll…I know how emotional this journey can be! I’m so excited to keep up with your blog and see how the Lord blesses you!

    I just found your blog and love it! I’m now a follower!

    Amy
    www.theprikazskys.com

    ReplyDelete