"Delight yourself in the Lord; And He will give you the desires of your heart" Psalm 37:4





Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Graduated

We have graduated from Adoption Discovery. I am so thankful for these last two months. Rusty and I have met some sweet people and have learned so much good information.
A couple of points:
You CAN adopt for $0.(even through private adoptions)
Special needs does not necessarily mean mental or physical disabilities.
Only 1% of birth parents changed their mind about giving up their child for adoption.

I learned a lot more information but these really stuck out to me.

Since we are beginning this process it has been so important to absorb the information and then pray about what the Lord wants our next step to be. I was tempted many times to step in and start down a certain path without letting Go and letting God. A really funny point is that one of the Adoption Discovery people used this phrase last night. We have been praying daily about what God wants us to do next.

We are planning on "interviewing many agencies" I called our county's family services today and got information about their next orientation. When I called they asked what age we were looking to adopt. Her response to my answer was "we don't have any children that particular age." Because we went through Adoption Discovery this response doesn't discourage me I knew that would be her answer.

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" Psalm 37:4

1 comment:

  1. Soooo good to hear from you! I know God has the perfect baby for you!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete